Wednesday 23 November 2011

Looking forward to life...

Ok, my thinking is... it's Thanksgiving in the US this weekend, so I feel that this means it is time...

.... To talk about Christmas!!!

Although we don't celebrate Thanksgiving in the UK the majority of us know about it and know it happens "near" Christmas, so I'm taking it as the go ahead to start being all Christmassy!!!

I have to be honest though, I put a few sets of fairy lights up on Saturday whilst dancing around the house to Michael Buble's Christmas album - well,  why not! Fairy lights always create such a wonderful, romantic ambience don't you think? I'd have them up all year round if I could!



We had my very good friend Lauren & her Fiance Chris over on Sunday for Sunday roast. It was wonderful, I don't see her as much as I'd like but we try to see each other when we can. So, with a table full of food, fairy lights twinkling, good converstaion and Christmas music in the background, it was the perfect start to a beautiful festive season.



When are you putting up your decorations? I think I might be able to convince Paul that December 1st is a reasonable date to start putting up the rest of the decorations. Tonight, however, Paul is putting up a Christmas Tree in the garden complete with (more) fairy lights, for the kids to enjoy from the dining room window. I'm sure Paul and I will enjoy them too.

I hope it snows this year. I look forward to the look on my daughters face, as last year she was too young to notice it. This year, I'm excited to play in it with her, to watch as she feels the cold and to embrace her when she comes running up in her wellies, Peppa Pig ones no less.

I'm looking forward to so many things over the next month or so. I'm looking forward to starting my Christmas crafts, to the many family gatherings, the special visits to and from friends, homemade cakes, the soft glow of a dying candle at the end of the evening, the smile on the faces of my children, especially Elena as she sees that Santa has been, and most importantly I'm looking forward to the happiness that surrounds everyone at Christmas. The compassion and peace that people carry at Christmas is incredibly touching. I think we should all strive to take a bit of whatever creates that, and enjoy it all year round.





So as I get my sewing box and all my other bits and bobs ready, I hope that in whatever way you choose to start your festive season over the next few weeks, makes you incredibly happy, you deserve it.

I'd just quickly like to wish my very dear friend Hannay the very best of luck in her new job today! You'll be great!!! xox

I'm off now to make another cup of tea and because Mummy wants another cuddle.

The precious Present. Full of moments that are here and then gone. Never to return.

So if anybody needs me I’ll be in the ‘Now” because I don’t want to miss a thing.

I love you and thank you so much for reading

Bex

x

Please feel free to leave a comment as I would love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment