Thursday 10 March 2011

The Greatest Love Of All...

Welcome to Thursday. I hope the day is treating you well wherever you are. I must admit that my blog will be a bit of a general chat today, so what do you fancy, tea or coffee? I have cookies - fresh out of the oven or some cherry bakewells if you prefer?

Last night as my husband and I sat chatting, Paul kindly pointed out that the majority of my blogs so far have involved food, either eating it or growing it. And he is right. I laughed and insisted it was what you wanted. Who doesn't love hearing about cake and seeing pictures..!

So today will just involve pulling up a chair and having a cuppa. Although I have just realised I offered you cake and biscuits a minute ago...

I find myself quite often thinking about life, in particular mine and my family's. I find myself wondering if I'm on the right track and if I'm being the best person I can be. I think having a child makes you think about these things more. You suddenly have to grow up overnight - in terms of responsibility. Now, I have a little being who is solely reliant upon Paul and I. Little things such as changing her nappy, giving her her food and her bottles and making her laugh herself into hysteria, all this would not be possible without us. The gravity of that is just incredible. I spend a lot of my day just watching her play. She is nearly 11 months old and she is into everything. The look of pure happiness on her face when she comes across a toy she hasn't seen in a few hours or the discovery of something new has me watching in awe. I wish things were still so beautifully innocent that I could look at Paul's work boots and squeal happily.

My family is the single most important thing to me. I love them. They make me who I am and love me in a way that no one else does. Not a day goes by that I don't say a little thank you for them and for being blessed with such a wonderful family. I'm also so grateful for my friends. You know who you are. Those who have known me from my tiny days and those that I have been blessed to meet in recent months and years. I want you to know how special you are to me and how much I love you. To my family and friends, thank you for being you.

Life wouldn't be complete without the daily calls to my mum, the texts off my sisters and the endless "funny" emails off my father. The brief yet thoughtful calls off my husband, checking to make sure Elena and I are ok. I love him for that. The texts, phone calls and random facebook messages off my dear dear friend in Canada and Boyzone concerts with Lauren. All this is what makes my life so happy, so fullfilled.

With the fantastic news that our offer on our new house has been accepted and we are now in midst of the legal process, I can't help but ponder about all the decisions I've made and continue to make. So, I have come to the conclusion that I am happy, so very happy and therefore I must be doing something right.

I'm assuming you would either like another cuppa, or you'd like to leave..!

I'd like you to stay.

I look forward to seeing you tomorrow for a non-food related blog!

Thank you for reading & enjoy your Thursday.

Love

Bex

x

No comments:

Post a Comment