Tuesday 22 March 2011

When you're smilin', keep on smilin', the whole world smiles with you...

Have you ever noticed how much difference a smile makes? They're contagious. I often notice if I'm out for a walk and someone smiles and says hello, how much it lifts my spirits. It also works the other way, smiling at someone and seeing their face change into a smile is also a lovely feeling.

The reason for my babbling is because Mr Sinatra has just started singing the song on my iPod. It got me thinking about happiness and what makes us happy. I know that happiness runs a lot deeper than just smiling at a stranger but I think that when you take on a happy demeanour people can't help but get sucked in.

I love that little things like a song, can lift your spirits. I listened to Frank and I had a little spring in my step as I popped the kettle on. (Do you think I drink too much tea?!)

Along with the song, a cup of tea and 5 minutes of peace whilst Elle is asleep, I'm also being made to smile by the warmth of the sun coming through the window.

Signs of a good day?

I hope so.

It's the calm before the storm at the moment. I've got a lot to do today so I'm just having a few moments to myself before my day really starts. Technically my day started at 6:30am but so far I've been fuelled by caffeine so it's all a bit of a blur..!

What are you up to today?

A little update on my gardening projects... All my tulips have flowered and are now basking in the sunshine outside. They are the most wonderful colour, and have a real "Springtime" glow about them. My potatoes are still chitting. I think I'll have to leave them a slight bit longer before I pop them into the potato bags. My onions are growing wildly and I'm going to have to replant them into larger pots pretty soon. The other herbs that I was going to plant will be planted after our move.

Sad news on my grandad's cuttings that I took. They've all wilted and died. I've taken a few more so I'm hoping these will root. I'm going to buy some rooting powder today to help them along. Fingers crossed this will work!

I'll put some pictures up later when the sun makes it's way around to the back garden.

I'd like to invite you to take a few moments today, forget about any worries you may have even if it's just for a moment, and think of something that makes you smile. Something that makes your whole being lift. Close your eyes and enjoy that feeling for aslong as you can. I'd like to share my smile with you today.

My smile and my love.

I wish you a very happy Tuesday. Let's share our smiles today.

Thank you so very much for reading.

I'll see you tomorrow.

Love

Bex

x

No comments:

Post a Comment