Wednesday 16 March 2011

The Wonders of Life...

A very happy Wednesday to you. What are you up to today? I know a lot of you read this when you get home from work in the evening, so I hope you've had as good a day as you can at work..!

Today, Elena and I are pottering. Well I'm pottering and Elle is making a mess. To be honest my pottering is mainly cleaning up her mess & I really can't believe how much she makes! For example, she's just had apple for a mid-afternoon snack and it has ended up everywhere. It's stuck in her blanket, in her ear, down her top, on the television stand, under the sofa and embedded in the footstool. Actually, I'm not quite sure she's eaten any at all. The smile on her face as she crawls up to me, shows me how pleased she is with herself. She gives a little sqeal and as I pick her up she plants a big kiss on my cheek.

I love being a mum.





I don't think you can ever really understand until you have a child, how much love is involved. I have always wanted a family, from in my teens I knew I wanted to be a wife and a mum. I'm not a career person and although I got my degree (eventually) I struggled to really decide what I wanted to do. I spent the last 10 years working in Restaurants/Hotels etc and worked my way up to manager but I knew there was more to me than that. I know now that being a wife and mum is my calling in life and I strive to be the best I can be. I make sure that the house is always full of love and laughter, home cooking and clean underwear! I want what every parent wants, for their child to grow up well-rounded, happy and healthy. The gravity of love is imense. I can't even begin to describe it.

My life changed when I became Paul's wife. I can't explain my happiness. I love him with every ounce of my being and I wouldn't ever be without him. I think that when you are with that special someone, they become your best friend and Paul is definitely mine. I love being able to sit in the same room in silence but surrounded in that wonderful blanket of happiness and security. Knowing you don't have to say anything but knowing you can say anything. I believe I found my soulmate and I love him so very much.

Our time is not our own anymore but it’s richer and happier.The last four years has given us a great many stories to tell and an even greater number of nappies to change! But at the same time we’re rarely happier than when it’s us, Elena playing on the floor, banana bread on the table and two fresh cups of coffee sitting nearby.






Is that a big life?





Yes, I do believe it is.

I love our journey that we've started together and I'm so very excited to see where it takes us.

So in a nutshell that's me. Not a complicated being. I love the little things in life. I love that I can love & I love that I can be loved.

I hope that you have the same wonderful glow inside of you and whatever gives you that glow, keep hold of it. It's the most precious thing you'll ever have. It'll make you laugh, smile and pick you up when you're having a bad day. Put your arms around it and squeeze it tight.

As the world continues to crumble around us, death and destruction wherever we turn, we need to keep our faith and hope alive. Sometimes it's hard, but when you have love anything is possible.

I love you and thank you so much for reading today.

I'm off to change a dirty nappy... not one of my loves!

I'll see you tomorrow for a crafty post.

All my love, always

Bex

x

No comments:

Post a Comment