Monday, 7 March 2011

The Sun has got his hat on...

It's Monday again... Anyone else's weekend seemingly disappear in the blink of an eye? Well, I hope that you had a lovely couple of days whatever you got up to.

The sun is shining here in Stoke this morning & it's bathing our living room in a wonderful soft glow. Somehow everything looks better in the sunshine and as I look out the window at people going about their daily business, I feel I can see the corners of their mouths lifting just slightly as the prospect of better weather is entertained. The scarves and hats have disappeared and the builders across the road are typically wearing less clothing than is actually required!

My daughter and I are currently watching Peppa Pig and after another sleepless night I have resigned myself to the fact that we shall both be staying in our Pj's and cuddling for the main part of the morning. This afternoon we shall probably take a stroll in the sun and see what is going on in the world.

The weekend was not as hectic as I had expected, which was lovely. On Saturday we viewed a couple of prospective houses one of which, (I'm crossing everything) I hope, shall become our future family home. We then spent a few hours in the afternoon with my parents at Westport Lake. Elena loved the ducks and was even more excited about the playground. It's the most wonderful thing to watch her little face as she's made so happy by the smallest things and as I looked over, my husband, observing from the sidelines, was smiling too. The two of them sharing a moment of pure happiness is the most beautiful thing to see and I'm glad that they're my family.

Saturday night was spent in Manchester watching the most amazing boy band in the world - Boyzone! My oldest and most dearest friend, Lauren, and I have been fans since we were in our wee teens and we've never missed a tour. I won't bore you with the details but needless to say, we had a great time!

Sunday was a lazy day as with another bad night under our belts Paul and I decided we'd potter around the house and make a start on packing a few things ready for the big move. I also took time to exercise my green fingers and plant some of my seeds that had arrived.  I placed my seed potatoes in trays and put them in the kitchen window so they could "Chit" - sunbathe without interuption. I have put a few pictures on my flickr page for you to see. I planted two lots of Tulip Toronto and have placed them in the warmth of our pantry next to my mini propagator in which I planted 4 rows of onion seeds.

As I've mentioned many times we are moving soon and although it's a really exciting time it will also be tinged with a bit of sadness on my part as this was my Grandad's house and it'll almost be like I'm leaving him behind as I've felt he's always been with me since his passing over a year ago. So I thought I'd take him with us in the only way I can and that is by taking cuttings of his favourite plants and planting them in our new garden. Paul took the cuttings yesterday and planted them in trays which are also residing in the pantry until the weather gets a few degrees warmer.

The last of my gardening yesterday involved planting garlic. I've no idea whether or not it'll work but I planted 3 whole garlics (split into cloves) in one of the large potato bags that I bought so we'll see if anything happens... I'll let you know how they get on!

The sky is so beautifully blue here with not a cloud in sight. It almost feels like I'm at the seaside.

I think it's time for a cuppa...

Enjoy your Monday & I'll see you tomorrow.

Thank you for reading.


You can view my photos here x

No comments:

Post a Comment