Wednesday 9 March 2011

Today I will mostly be scoffing cake...

How are you?

I really hope that I'm not the only one that's been devouring cake today...

Today's post is a bit late for that very reason, I've been too busy eating cake.

Yesterday my cousin suggested I try out the cafe at the Emma Bridgewater Outlet nr Hanley, so never one to pass up on a cuppa I asked my mum and little sister to join me. Obviously they didn't refuse. To be honest, who would?

We had a lovely wander around the factory shop, tutting quietly at the prices and trying to keep Elena from knocking the china over. The craftsmanship is amazing (albeit a bit over priced). The nice thing about driving up to the outlet is that there is still some of the old buildings and remnants of the old pot banks which I find fascinating. The Potteries may not be everyone's cup of tea but my family have lived and worked here for centuries. Having used the ancestry website last year, I found out that one of my great great great grandad's was a very skilled and highly respected pottery sagger maker and as you walk around from the car park to the cafe at Emma Bridgewater, you get an insight into what it might have been like. Obviously a lot has changed since, but as you look through the windows, there are still men and women in their aprons casting and throwing. Such a wonderful skill to be known for all across the world.

Now on to the important part, the cake. My sister and I indulged in a slice of freshly made Victoria Sponge whilst my mum had a scone with clotted cream and jam.

Silence...

Oh I'm sorry Elena, I was a bit preoccupied...











Washed down, with what I must say was the nicest cup of tea I've had in a long while, we felt satisfied. I must add that the cafe is the most gorgeous setting. Old wooden farmhouse tables with a beautifully fitted Aga against one wall surrounded with tiles made on site, it's like being made welcome in someone's divine kitchen. The scent of homemade soup wafting in made it even cosier.



I feel another visit may not be too far away, who's joining me?

I hope you're having a fabulous day and if you're anywhere where cake is accessible then I suggest eating it quick, before I beat you to it!

I look forward to seeing you tomorrow.

Thank you for reading.

Love

Bex
x

Please feel free to leave a comment below, I'd love to know what you think x

1 comment:

  1. Oh Bex this looks amazing! Me n Caleb will join you and Elle next time :)

    ReplyDelete